Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Daylight Savings Time ?

Top 10 Reasons Daylight Savings Time is a farse:

10. Who wants to drive to work in the dark?

9. Starting in March? Anyone else still have snow on the ground?

8. Have you tried putting kids to bed while it's light outside?

7. How many weeks does it take the human body to adjust?

6. Ever wonder what happened to that hour?

5. It's not nice to fool mother nature...

4. "Mom, it's not bedtime, it's still light out!"

3. Did anyone ask teachers what it's like to deal with a class of sleepy kids?

2. What is the benefit of this again?

1. Autistic kids have enough sleep problems without throwing this into the mix!

1 comment:

Carol said...

My sentiments EXACTLY!! I have an almost nine-year old son with autism who has been wearing us out this week with the day light savings thing. I also have a blog and I am almost too exhausted to write a post. So I googled "daylight savings time and autism" and there you were!

Sayer refuses to get ready for bed until it is dark, but still wakes up at 6:00 am. I hope it is ok to give my readers a link to this blog post since you have said it better than I can.

I welcome you to read my blog.

Carol
http://adifferentnest.blogspot.com