Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spring Break--Day 4

Jackson is doing well going to the sitters...it's been a pretty good week overall.
Today we rode bikes to the school playground (about 4 blocks away). I think both boys were thrilled to be outside playing.

I don't know what got into me, but I decided to push my luck and bike over to the town park...another maybe 6 blocks on the bikes. The boys had a fabulous time here too, the park board installed new swings and put up a tire swing which Cal loved....

Riding home wasn't so fun. The chain on Jackson's bike came off no less than 5 times. I can handle something like that happening once or twice, but 5 times was ridiculous! Eventually, we just gave up and walked the rest of the way home, but it did have the afternoon end on a sour note. I probably should have checked over Jackson's bike as this is the first time he's had it out this spring...Cal and I went on our first ride last weekend, so our bikes had been given the once over. Jackson's, upon closer inspection, needed to be adjusted so the chain wouldn't fall off continually...and so the frame was more centered around the back tire....

Dan & I will be going to Chicago for our annual "night away" from the boys tomorrow...please say a prayer that all goes well with the sitter. I know they're usually better for her than for us; but both boys have some separation anxiety....I'll post an update when we're back.

No comments: