Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Shiner

Dan and I decided (what were we thinking?) to paint several areas of the house today. Which left the boys to basically more or less fend for themselves. For the most part, things were going well, I even let Cal 'help' me in the toy room. [We had to BAN Jackson from helping because we had to paint in the kitchen because he decided to channel Da Vinci.]

At any rate, the boys are in the bedroom watching Ice Age on TV and giggling and being silly. I hear Cal say, "Jack, Stop It!" then a few minutes later Jackson is crying his eyes out. I run back to see what happened. Jack is crying and Cal has a poker face. I asked "what happened?They both respond at the same time: Cal-"he fell" Jack-"My eye". After a quick investigation I learned that Cal had punched Jackson in the eye!

Well, Cal has lost game boy privileges for a week...but poor Jackson; it hurt his feelings and really hurt him too. Jack would never hurt Cal intentionally. He just doesn't have it in him.

On another note, this morning laying in bed Cal asked me, "Mom, when Jackson is a grown up will he still have autism?"

No comments: