Saturday, August 11, 2007

Road Trip

Went to visit my sister in Evansville and stopped in at Holiday World. Jackson did pretty well overall on the long drive. He got a bit silly on the way home, but I think that's probably normal for any kid.

I was really proud of him at Holiday World. He went on the log ride...didn't really want to, but he did. He didn't like it much and wouldn't do it again, but he did go without an issue. Callahan loved it and wanted to go again right away...

We also rode the raging river ride. It's one of the big circular seat type ride which generally drenches you. Jackson was especially nervous about this one. We all went on it and kept reminding him there were, "no hills". He seemed to enjoy it and willingly got on it a second time, so I feel like it was progress. He was definitely more flexible and willing to try 'some' new things. He LOVED the wave pool and rode the huge swings squealing with delight the whole time.

Honestly, I'm just grateful we're able to get out and do things like this. I know it's not easy for him to try new things and I'm glad he's willing to risk it.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Great! Good for you, bold, bold steps.
Cheers