Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Brothers

Jack and Cal share a bedroom. They have since Cal was born really, Jackson was so concerned with his baby brother, wanted to be around him--kind of like a guardian angel. He never bothered Cal as a baby, just wanted to be near him. So, for a while, Jack slept in a toddler bed in the nursery, then we moved the toddler bed into the bedroom and that's where they are today. We won't tell Cal this, but if he wanted his own room, we'd probably consider it. For now though, its working for us.

Last night, the boys constructed a "bridge" between their two loft beds and were launching Batman and the Hulk across it. At one point, we went in to check on them and found Jack in Cal's bed and Cal in Jackson's bed. They were giggling and having way to much fun for a school night. Dan asked "what's going on?" Cal responded, "Dad, we're just having a little fun." I couldn't be mad. Isn't this what brothers do? Rough house at bedtime? Build bridges together? I'm smiling inside...

Tonight, they're running around the house, chasing each other. Laughing about a cowboy hat and having their own brand of fun. Yes, it's bedtime and they should be in bed, but this is a Kodak moment. A piece of time I don't want to forget. So I'm letting them run rampant while I type this...then I'll attempt to put them to bed, where I'm sure they'll continue cavorting. (And I'll continue to smile inside).

2 comments:

Puffin said...

Thanks for sharing that little piece of heaven :) What good kids you have!

tylerbritney said...

That is awesome! Boys will be boys!!