Monday, December 22, 2008

hmmm.....

Well, I know that Jackson is thrilled to be out of school, but I'm not so sure myself...
The weather has been yucky and we've all been couped up or hustling about. Jackson's anxiety is growing and we aren't even four days into break....I'm certain the holiday has something to do with it, but I'm growing weary of encouraging him...and reminding him what comes next. He's such a creature of habit.

We went for haircuts today. That's a bright spot to celebrate, as I remember a time when we literally had to hold him down for a haircut. Now, he willingly sits in the chair and patiently lets the barber (who is wonderfully patient himself), clipper cut his hair. I need to remind myself of the accomplishments when I'm bogged down by the monotony of it all.

More to come I'm sure....I'm thinking I ought to go back and re-read posts from this time last year...

No comments: