Friday, November 2, 2007

Borrowing Iris

Tonight on the way home from Crazy Pins we discussed how our new baby cousin Iris is doing. Jackson repeated his standard line: "Baby Iris is crying" b/c his favorite picture of this precious baby is the one of her crying [which maybe is a good thing; he's able to read this facial expression and know she's unhappy, so maybe that's why he connects with this particular photo]. I told the boys I'd like to bring baby Iris to our house, to which Cal promptly told me, "We can't just take her, mom, we can only borrow her, right Jackson?" I then tried to get Jax to answer the question, but he just answered, "go see baby Iris. Let's go see baby Iris."

Cal wasn't satisfied with this answer. He told me that we weren't going to borrow baby Iris because babies "get on my nerves, because they always chew on my toys. And I can't stand it when they get all slobbery." Then Jax asked, "Can we go see baby Iris?" Cal: "NO!"


Crazy Pins was tons of fun. Jackson really has fun playing in the climbing structure and waiting for the basket of soft foam balls to empty into the middle. It was nice to have him handle all the stimulation so well.

No comments: