Thursday, July 24, 2008

Vacation!





What a week! I guess the photos are coming up first...(L to R: Jax hugs Bert during a private meet and greet before the parade, Cal on Big Bird Little Rapids, Jax and Bert during our breakfast with the characters.)


I think we're just getting settled into being at home.


Last Wednesday we drove to an Ohio state park south of Columbus to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday (a month early) with all 4 of my sisters and their families. We all had a great time. It was so much fun to just all be together hanging out--I'm so glad we all made the effort to be there. (I'll get those photos up next time...)


Jackson knew that we were going to Sesame "Street" for vacation. So at first, the "stop" in Hocking Hills was more than he could take. But, once he could get into the pool and learned to manipulate his way to Wal-Mart for a toy, he settled in OK. The area is absolutely gorgeous and you could probably spend weeks there hiking if you wanted. Jackson even got into the hiking, with the proper motivator. I was quite proud of his hiking ability. He also made a cool connection in "Ash Cave" noticing it looked like, "Aladar is here". I was impressed with his "schema" and the ability to transfer that...the cave definitely looked like a set from the Dinosaur movie.


Of course, once we got to Sesame Place, he was totally in his element. He was all about Bert. He gave him the biggest hug ever. We bribed him into riding the Grover roller coaster, but once was enough (though I think Cal rode it 10 times!). We enjoyed the parade and managed to get a private meet and greet before the parade on Tuesday. Jackson really had a great time and of course, the rest of the family did too!

I'm posting a couple of photos....




1 comment:

tylerbritney said...

I'm glad you all got to get away for a while. Looks like the boys really had a blast at Sesame Place. Happy Birthday to your mom too!!!