Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fireworks

Life has been very hectic lately, I cannot believe I haven't made this entry sooner.

Most years on the 4th of July we head up to Michigan to spend the weekend with Dan's sister Lauralee. Both boys love visiting her house and for our kids it's like a luxury hotel--there's a heated pool and boat rides. You get the picture.

This year, Uncle Fred didn't take the boat out until it was time for the fireworks display. The fireworks display is something Jackson usually skips, it's way too loud and overwhelming to him. This year, we knew Callahan would want to go out to watch the fireworks and just made plans for Dan to stay back with Jackson. Evidently, this year, Jackson had different plans. He really wanted to go on that boat ride because he was all about going even if it involved fireworks. We cautiously took him, with our fingers crossed and hoping he wouldn't freak out too much. We were shocked that he actually enjoyed the fireworks. The loud booms were hard for him to get used to and he kept his ears covered (he even asked for his earphones!). We are fortunate to have a few great photos that illustrate his joy.

Once again, we got something back. A piece of family time and treasured memories. I'm so very proud of my son!

1 comment:

tylerbritney said...

I'm so happy for all of you!!! I know I keep saying this, but Jackson has come such a long way. That is a HUGE accomplishment. I know you are so very proud of your little guy! :) Times like these are awesome. Makes everything we do for our kids so much more worthwhile.