Sunday, October 21, 2007

Art

Jackson is working on the art badge/pin in Cub Scouts. It was one of the electives I knew he could do without a bunch of help from me. So far we've worked on a color wheel (using paint so he could see how the colors changed using primary colors), and a collage of sorts with cut-outs and stickers of things he likes and does. We also worked on a clay sculpture. The art teacher at school fired it for us. I brought it home and have asked him a few times if he wanted to paint it; "No" emphatically was the answer. Guess what Jackson decided to do this morning? Yep, use the poster paints to paint his fish. Actually, as it dries it looks more messy, but he was pretty deliberate about using different colors and definitely had a plan for how he wanted it to look.

Just once, for even a moment, I'd like to get into that head of his and 'hear' what he is really thinking...sometimes I wonder if he thinks like he talks, ya know? Because, I think like I talk. I hear my words in my head...can Jackson here complete thoughts or is it more random, like his words...hmmmmm....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please keep sharing your blog!
I love to read about your Jackson!
~Amie..aka~ Parkersmom