Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Temper, Temper

Jax didn't sleep well last night. He was up twice to shower and at 4 am Dan was schlepping his mattress into the living room so he could watch a dvd while the rest of the family tried to sleep.

Have I mentioned I become more than a little irritable when sleep deprived?

So, today, he's pulling his normal 'stunts' dropping wrappers wherever, leaving empty coke cans in the yard, leaving the back door open. In general interested only in his agenda. All the while his mattress, comforter and toys are littered across my living room. He's also being generally whiney and irritable himself.

As I was trying to cook lunch for the kids and finish laundry and clean up the mess in the living room, I snapped. I just started in on him: "alright, you've got to pick up these toys. Get out there and pick up the toys, put away your blanket...." You know, he did everything he was asked to in a timely way; too bad I have to turn into a lunatic to get a response...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) Matthew has been doing the 4 am thing lately, too. I'm thinking its the full moon!!

Hope you all get some sleep tonight!