Friday, July 27, 2007

The Pom-Pom Problem

Well, Dan thought this might happen. :)

Last night, Jackson's cup was full and he got to go to Build A Bear. [He built a Cody penguin from the movie Surf's Up. Did I mention, we like that he dresses, undresses his 'bears' which is great fine motor for him] At any rate, he had a good time and we made a BIG deal of emptying the pom-pom's and reminding him it takes time to refill and many good responses before another "reward".

Well, today after Jackson cleaned up his toys in the front yard, I gave him 2 pom-poms. He asked to go "build a dinosaur"; I revisited how long it takes to earn the 'reward' and that he has to "fill up the cup" to get a reward.

I come back from folding laundry to discover the empty baggie of pom-pom's and his cup overflowing with pom-poms. I had to laugh. [Which was probably a fatal parenting error on my part]. I was just thrilled that he tried to 'pull one over on me'. Or, maybe he just took the full cup comment literally. Either way, it was a pleasant episode for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.