Monday, November 22, 2010

Dear God,

After watching "Letters to God" with the youth group I am inspired to write:

Dear God,

I find myself often asking, "why". So many things do not make sense; so many things I just cannot understand. In the quiet stillness, I sometimes hear Your answers, yet I'm yearning to really know more.
I'm working hard to understand or maybe I'm working hard to accept. I have faith and I'm working on being content with that.
When I break down the "why" it morphs into these other questions:
What is the lesson here?
Who can change and grow through this?
How can I change and grow through this?
What else can there be?
Who can protect us?

And as I type the last question, the answer fills my heart. I know, I know the answer. I know the loving protection and soothing Christ brings. I know the peace. I'm human and too often I forget.

I'm working on me God, but I cannot do it alone. So be with me, guide me, teach me to be more like Him. And while your at it, can you be with my sons?

No comments: