Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Don't Cry Mom"

The other day, I wanted something from Jax (I don't remember what now) and he wouldn't give it to me. So I pretended to cry to get him to do it (every parent has pulled this trick a time or two right)? I was surprised by his response. He was really concerned and said, "Don't cry mom," "It will be ok". It was actually very sweet and left me feeling guilty. He truly has a pure heart.

Last night we all went to a bonfire. The boys both had a great time, and Jackson eventually wandered away from the adults to "party" with the kids. It's so hard for me to let him have this independence; yet so important to him. In the end he had a fabulous time hanging out with all the kids and was even giggling about it this morning. I am, as always, ever so grateful for the friends we have and the support Jackson gets from so many others.

No comments: