Monday, March 9, 2009

Update

Jackson has been feeling a bit punky lately. We went to visit the doctor (whom we both love dearly) only to find out there isn't an ear, nose or throat infection. So, he's basically just got a bug. I'm reminded, again, how limited his communication is. He isn't able to say, "Mom, I just feel like crap, nothing in particular hurts." Which would have saved me the $40 office visit, but I'm happy to pay to know it's just a bug.

He's been thrilled to get outside and play a bit more, though he didn't much this weekend. Earlier this week it was warm enough for him to shoot hoops, swing on the swing set and generally run around the yard.

We're excited that this summer he's going to be a bat boy on a youth league team for the first time. I'm certain he'll be excited to be part of a team again. He's going to love being at the park, I'm just hoping he'll understand his role on the team. Thank goodness he's working with a willing coach and caring kids who will support him.

Daylight savings time is kicking our butts...what kid wants to go to bed when it's still light out? And, by the way, how do you help a kid that already struggles with sleep issues to adjust to 1 hour less in the night? I just don't get it...

No comments: