Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This day was coming

Monday at recess there were some girls making fun of Jackson...
Actually they included the other autistic child in his class in the charade by having her say, "Jackson is my boyfriend", telling Jackson to hug her, asking Jackson to say, "I love ---". I guess this is typical kid stuff and really it didn't bother me a whole lot, largely because Jackson's guardian angel (and my little spy) Paige quickly told the recess teacher and it stopped.

These "mean girls" have been appropriately handled at the school (I think). But what makes me crazy mad is that now they're out for Paige! Honestly, for me that is even worse than what they did to Jackson.

Jackson doesn't "get" it. When they were making fun of him, it was funny to them, and they were laughing at his expense, but (Thank God) Jackson didn't understand or have his feelings hurt.

I'm really hoping this all just goes away and these girls cut the crap...time will tell.

No comments: