Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Home Alone

I mowed the lawn this afternoon. Of course, when I got out the mower the gas tank was empty and so were our gas cans [at $4 a gallon, I might just be letting my grass grow!] So, I holler at the boys to get in the truck so we can run up to the corner gas station to fill up. Jackson was not at all interested in going. "You stay here. I'll be right back" (notice the incorrect use of pronouns). I knew it would take less than 5 minutes and I alerted the neighbor lady. Then...I left him home alone! OK, some of you might be freaking out right now, but ask yourself, would you leave your 10 year old alone for 15 minutes? I'm guessing you would. So, I'm extremely proud of him--it's a huge step towards independence. [Even though a safety net was in place]. We've got to start somewhere, this is a small step toward that greater end.

No comments: