Thursday, April 16, 2009

Take Me out to the Ball Game

Youth League Season is here! This year Jackson is going to be a bat boy for a team of his peers. We feel like he's mature enough to understand the safety issues involved. He's been doing a decent job of warming up with the boys and stays engaged in practice for about 20 minutes, but hadn't really had a chance to "get the bats".

Tonight was the first practice that he had the chance to be the "bat boy". I was really surprised how well he did. He wanted to put the bats into the fence and was picking up the multiple bats laying on the ground. I was really proud of him; and I almost didn't take him to practice tonight. I had a meeting after work and then a late meeting at church, so I was going to skip practice, but Jackson was asking about practice within 15 minutes of getting home. ("You go to baseball?" and "Baseball practice is tonight"). So, I packed them in the van and headed to the park. I'm so glad I did! Of course, the boys on his team are sweet and encouraging to him. I'm hopeful that it'll be a fun season. Saturday morning is team pictures; say a prayer that he does ok...sometimes photos can freak him out.

1 comment:

Mysh said...

So lovely to hear that the team is encouranging and that Jax wants to go.